The Landlord Attorney Of Pottstown, PA
Landlord-tenant disputes can be extremely costly for both sides. No one wants to go to court unless there is no other choice. Of course, in most cases, the landlords get the worst of it. The majority of laws on the books regulating these issues heavily favor the tenants over the landlords. There are extensive rules in place limiting available actions for landlords when tenants are not paying their rent or are violating other rules.
If you are a landlord facing legal issues with a tenant, attorney Eric J. Landes can help you. He is a skilled negotiator, so adept at resolving landlord-tenant disputes that he is known as “the landlord attorney.” He regularly resolves conflict through efficient, cost-effective negotiation. In rare cases when tenants will not take part in the negotiation process, he advocates aggressively in the courtroom for his clients. Landes Law, LLC, serves clients in Pottstown and the surrounding Pennsylvania areas.
Handling All Types Of Landlord-Tenant Disputes
Attorney Eric J. Landes helps landlords handle cases involving:
- Repair and deduct cases: Tenants will often hire out for repairs on a property and just deduct the cost unilaterally from their rental payment obligations. Too often, however, tenants will do this illegally. The firm represents landlords to obtain compensation for their lost rent from illegal repair and deduct situations.
- Obtaining access: There are strict limits regarding the landlord’s right to access their properties while they are being occupied by renters. Attorney Landes helps clients navigate these laws and stay in compliance so they avoid legal sanctions.
- Violations of rental rules: The most basic rule is to pay the rent on time, but there are other important rules and regulations that tenants must follow, including illegally terminating their leases, unauthorized subletting, property damage and related issues.
- Collections and evictions: Attorney Landes helps local landlords collect rent payments and navigate the evictions process.
- Disposal of property: When former renters leave behind valuable property, many landlords wonder what they should do or what they are legally allowed to do. Landes Law, LLC, can help.
There is too much at stake as a landlord, and mistakes in any of your dealings with tenants could result in costly civil litigation or criminal sanctions. Get an experienced lawyer on your side to protect your rights.